Currently being unemployed, I was fortunate enough
to work the 2012 SEC Fanfare, as a Brand Ambassador (or Professional Flirt, as
I like to joke) for a travel company. Other than the typical cluster fuck of a southern
college sporting event and the boozed up creepy old guys, I must say it was a
pretty enjoyable experience. I also was able to pick up some nice blogging
material as well.
So a typical promo for a sporting event consists of
collecting client data, numerous games and operating the prize wheel. After
spending most of the day begging drunks and children for data, I decided to go
monitor the prize wheel. I was having a blast interacting with the fans and
really talking up the various prizes which consisted of a pair of cheap (but
amazing sunglasses), a bottle cap opener and the most coveted prize of all- a
koozie. Most of the men and children wanted the koozie for their post fan
fare beers and apple juice, so I interacted by asking them if that’s what they
were spinning for.
All of the sudden, a male stepped up and wanting to
change my routine I said "take a spin, there’s a prize on here for
everyone". He responded to my humor by saying "Is there a date with
you on there?” To my shock the words: “Ugh no, that prize is not in the wheel,
but you can have a koozie” came out of my mouth. Poor guy took the koozie and walked off; I
think his team lost that day too…

No comments:
Post a Comment